Welcome to Hedgehogs Nursery
There are also lots of resources to support home learning on 'Purple Mash' the link is on 'Home Learning'. Any issues with login details please contact Miss Lynda either through ClassDojos or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Daily Routine Hedgehogs Nursery
· What day is it today? Recite days of the week
· Calendar - What is today’s date? Number formation rhymes to support this
· What is the weather doing today?
· Action songs, Jolly Phonics songs online click here
· What sound, for example, does - sun, ant, tap, ink, pig, nut begin with?
· Sound talk – e.g. can you do your "z,i,p", can you find a "p,e,n" etc.
· Pre-school children segmenting and blending CVC (consonant, vowel, consonant) words e.g. c,a,t d,o,g m,a,t j,a,m h,a,t
Opportunities for mark making:
· Sand, shaving foam, wipe boards
· Support pen grip
· Through daily routines encourage careful counting by saying one number name for each item
· Recognise numbers using the number formation rhymes
· Understand that numbers identify how many objects are in a set
· Notice shapes in the home/garden environment
· Sharing a book together
· Board games to promote turn taking
Please use number and letter formation rhymes which have been provided in book bags to support learning.
Links to free online resources:
Hedgehogs are pleased to be able to offer 30 hours free entitlement to all eligible parents, please read this letter and follow the links to the childcare website to find out if you are eligible:
Hedgehogs Nursery accepts children from the age of two.
Hedgehogs Nursery takes pride in encouraging children to have lots of fun whilst learning through play.
We promote good manners and respect for each other, remembering our class rules of ‘kind hands’, 'kind feet’ and ‘kind words’.
As children become more confident we encourage independence.
We have close links with school especially Reception class making transition throughout the foundation stage as seamless as possible.
Nursery children are able to attend ‘Forest School’ which is located on the site of the school.
Nursery also takes advantage of using the school hall for movement, dancing and singing activities regularly through the week.
All activities are planned from formative observations as children act and interact in their play, incorporating all areas of the ‘Early Years Foundation Stage’.
Free childcare for 2 year olds - are you eligible?
Contact Miss Lynda on 01952 550972 or through Hinstock Primary School: 01952 550220
For information on Hedgehogs Wrap Around Care please check under Parents tab.